03 October 2005

Cheer, Cheer...

Did you see that catch? Did you see that game? Ahhh, always nice to beat up on our cross-state rivals. Especially after they hurt us consistently, recently, after a long period of ND dominance. The shillelagh is back where it belongs.
(BTW, you gotta wonder about the belt ;-} )

I can feel the pain of Bubblehead, though. I love exciting, close games when they aren’t ND. I still remember the days when the Irish felt entitled, with some justification, to be considered in the title hunt every year. Close wins are often a sad statement.

And how about Joe Pa? He is 5-0, and still not ranked where he should be. I love to see Penn State doing better, if for no other reason than they were the other team in some of my fondest ND football memories.

3 Comments:

At 10/03/2005, Blogger PigBoatSailor said...

BTW, the offensive stats for this season are amazing:
Quinn: 124-of-190 passing, 1,621 yards, 13 TDs, 3 INTs, AVG 324 yds/game
Walker: 528 yds rushing, AVG 4.6 yds/carry, 3 TDs, AVG 106 yds/game
3 Receivers with over ~250 yds receiveing, 50 yds/game. 3! Leading the way, of course:
Samardzija: 28 receptions, 18 yds/catch, 8 TDs, 99.8 yds/game.

I cannot remember the last time we fielded such a balanced attack...

 
At 10/04/2005, Blogger Bubblehead said...

I see PSU finally got ranked. I think JoePa really has outlived his usefulness; whenever I see him on the sidelines, it looks like he's wandering around yelling "Who took my keys" or "Where's my sandwich". I figure they've got 2 or 3 people whose job it is to keep him from wandering out onto the field or up into the crowd during a game...

 
At 10/04/2005, Blogger PigBoatSailor said...

My best bud on Ustafish was a PSU grad - I always used to goad him about Joe Pa, "Who lets their senile grandpa coach, anyway?" At least, I would do so until he stuffed me into the overhead - he was rather a bit stronger than I...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home