27 June 2005

He started it!

My hate of asshatted academia-weenies grows (not you, Will). The infamous Ward Churchill of the U of Colo now suggests that soldiers should frag their officers. As I am technically still a reservist, can I assume he is threatening me and defend myself? Pleeeeaaaase?

UPDATE (6/30/05):
The Guys as Castle Donovan and the Instapundit have caught this one now. Just note, I had this first! ;-)

While trying to think about it rationally, I also thought, and posted at Arrrggghhh!:
While the call of "treason" might be a bit overboard, it seems Churchill has managed to go and break US Code this time. Specifically Title 18, Part I, Ch 115. Section 2387, "Activities Affecting Armed Forces Generally" seems to fit well, as it states:
Whoever, with intent to interfere with, impair, or influence the loyalty, morale, or discipline of the military or naval forces of the United States:
advises, counsels, urges, or in any manner causes or attempts to cause insubordination, disloyalty, mutiny, or refusal of duty by any member of the military or naval forces of the United States...

Perhaps the "During War" section also, if one can get around the whole 'declaring war' part. Also Section 2385, "Advocating Overthrow of the Government," and Sec 2383, "Rebellion or insurrection" might fit the crime as well. I wonder if anyone will bother to take this up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home